View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 15, 2003, 07:40pm
Official Forum Member

I knew what this was going to start and I guess people needed to vent, which was the rason for my hesitation on being the first one out of the shoot on this play. But that's OK.
I am not a Cubs Fan either, the wife on the other hand....
I agree that people need to back off this guy. But, emotions are running high right now and the need for someone to blame is running higher. It is easier to look at someone else than look inside. Emotions are why there are sports officials, to impartially enforce the rules of the game. Hopefully, with a cool head, and as correct as HUMANLY possible.

Which is what my post was really about, the rules of the game. I haven't umpired in a while, my books are packed away, and my memory, well... the old adage "Use it, or Loose it" comes to mind. But, my desire to know the answer of " what would the penalty be, if there had been Spectator Interference ruled by blue" overcame me, so here I am.

Bob,
For my future reference and the ones who also want to know, would you mind citing the rule numbers (not the whole rule, unless of course, you have nothing else better to do) for your conclusions. Thank you in advance.

FOR MY WIFE, GO C U B S !!!
Don