Thread: Double Base
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 15, 2003, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mbcrowder
As blue, I've seen this once or twice on a booted grounder to the pitcher that goes foul, and it retrieved by catcher or pitcher then firing to first from foul ground.

However, as player, on the field we play on, I've gotten 3 outs on the orange bag this year already. I play 1B, and the dugout is about 15 feet away, raised on about 18 inches of concrete. My shortstop has a gun, but it's a shotgun sometimes. Several times, he's fired wide, but the carom from the base of the dugout is perfect. 3 times so far, it's come right back to me, with my foot on the orange. When I see it going wide, I immediately step to the orange and reach, hoping it comes right back, which it does sometimes.
Guess what, Mike? You're not getting that call from me as the play did not come from foul territory and you were not coming back to the bag with the ball. And if you were on the bag, the "errant" throw obviously didn't pull you into foul territory.