View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 13, 2003, 06:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
sportsannouncing,

Might I inquire about something? Do you currently umpire? Or are you a sports announcer? You have totally taken what I said way out of context and BTW I am NOT nuts.

When you umpire, you thank God when you put on a crew with more then two people, because you know the play will be covered. Yes, as a paying customer in today's society, you have every right to lodge a complaint about the performance of somebody you saw, if you know what you are talking about.

Did you read my last reply when I gave the fair/foul example? Angel Hernandez the RF umpire you were referring to as a (I quote) "nothing but a waste of space and money." Did you see how the umpire made the call? HE WAS RIGHT ON THE FOUL LINE(like he suppose to be), STATIONARY(like he is suppose to be), EYES FOLLOWING THE BALL(like he is suppose to do), WAITED A SECOND TO SEE THE WHOLE AND REPLAY IT IN HIS MIND(like he is suppose to do), and THEN MADE HIS FINAL CALL.

Yes sportsannouncing, you have the right to complain. But, know what you are complaining about, before you start. Because you have talked MLB front office business, to umpire on the field business, to general fan business. Make a decision on a topic and stick with it.

Also, Why did you not respond to my mechanic example I used in my last reply? I am not trying to come across rude, mean, and other ways of disrespect, but I am not thrilled with your approach of voicing your displeasure on the umpiring of the LCS games so far.