View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 13, 2003, 03:46pm
Official Forum Member

relation to cars???????

Quote:
Originally posted by sportsannouncing
Quote:
Originally posted by johnSandlin
No disrespect gentlemen, but until the both of you and I have the MLB Umpire's resume on our side, I would not get too grumpy over whether or not MLB needs to use six umpires in the All-Star and playoff games.
With no disrespect John, ARE YOU NUTS? Until we have their resume in our pockets? This is the dumbest excuse I've ever heard in my life and I hear it too often.

Tom Hanks has an amazing resume of acting and comedy films and shows. But if he goes out and stumbles his way through a performance, I'm in well within my rights to say he did a bad job.

There is a mechanic in town who's been servicing the community for years. If he adds another staff member who has 10 years experience but forgets things like tools in the radiator, not replacing belts, etc., I am going to say that I could've done a better job replacing the air filter, because 1, I have replaced an air filter and 2, didn't leave a wrench in the radiator.

I can't play the piano, I've tried and know I can't, but when Billy Joel misses a note, I'll notice it and not say anything (ball/strike call). But if he completely butchers Piano Man (outfield umpires call), then I'll complain. The OF umpires have proven they are useless. If you want to add more "eyes" to the play, then go to replay. And if you like, let's start a thread talking about what should and shouldn't be allowed on replay. Maybe they'll pay attention.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
Leave a wrench in the radiator.....sorry bud.....wrenches won't fit in radiators, they may drop into a shroud/fan assembly but certainly not go down into the radiator(unless forced, then we got coolant pissing all over)......cars for 21 years, baseball for 10 and football for 3......none are even close..........