View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 09, 2003, 08:22am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
And who says Manny doesn't run out ground balls?!?!
Me and a whole buncha Boston sportswriters! If his dinger hadda hit the top of the wall instead of landing in the first row,he woulda had a single only.He was in his homerun trot on that one,and it barely went out.[/b]
That's not what I was talking about. I was talking about his infield hit (hence the words "ground balls" ) off Mussina's glove right before the Ortiz HR. If Mussina doesn't touch it, it's an easy play for Soriano. But Manny didn't assume anything and ran it out. So there.

Quote:
Btw,tough to win when you're being out-hit,out-pitched,out-hustled and generally outplayed,isn't it?
I don't know what the deal was, but they were just teeing off on Moose. Everything was hit hard. (Not as hard as the Cubs were hitting last night, tho. WOW! ) Seemed like everything was hit on the button. Bernie's running catch probably wouldn't have been as dramatic a few years ago, don't you think? He's still good, and I'll take him over Damon, but he seems to have lost more than a little speed over the last 3 seasons, no?

Last thought, I haven't been over to the baseball forum, but what did you think of the Walker HR? Initially called foul by the RF ump, then over-ruled by the plate ump (who was also crew chief). I thought on replay that the ball missed the fan and hit the pole. Did you see it that way, or do I need to take off my fan-colored glasses? Either way, it didn't look good for the RF ump to get overruled by another ump who was 150 farther away from the play than he was.