View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 07, 2003, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
My guess is that he's useless as a closer now.
Now?
He was never great, but he wasn't useless. He had 16 saves in the regular season, which was tops on the team.

Quote:
I hear that last night about 10PM or so east coast time in the region north & east of a line running from Milford CT to Albany NY every flame, from stove pilot light to blast furnace, was extinguished due to the collective gasp of every living soul watching that sloooooooow roller dribble down the first base line.
Funny you mention Milford; that's my hometown. The dribbler was definitely a weird moment. If the fielder runs toward home to field it while it's fair, you risk the batter running past him, being safe at 1st, and the guy on 3rd scoring. If he waits for it to get to him and it goes foul, then you give the batter another chance. Wow.

Quote:
Congrats to you long suffering sox fans, gonna be fun, I'll go out on a limb - NY in 6, maybe 5.
I'm not going to make any prediction; I've been a Sox fan for too long to do that. (After Game 4, my 8-year-old daughter was whooping and saying "nyah nyah". I quickly taught her not to tempt the baseball gods by taunting the A's. So this morning when I told her the Sox won the series, she said, "Can I say 'nyah nyah' now?" I told her ok ) But I will say that this team is much better than the ALCS team of '99 and that this Yankees team -- despite the 100 wins -- is not as strong as the team that beat the Sox in '99. Should be a great series.