View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 06, 2003, 02:14am
Small Business Owner

Thumbs down BBR I am confused...

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
If it's a 20 minute half, we put 23:00 on the clock. As long as they're ready to play when the clock reaches 0:00, I could care less where they've been or how they spent their 3 minutes.
So I can understand what you are saying clearly I ask these three questions.
1) Are you doing this on your own, or is your state association directing you to IGNORE THE MANDATORY WARMUP REQUIRMENT listed in Table 3-1 on Page 31?
2) Has your state put this "Ignore the Mandate" policy in writing?
3) Are your state association attorneys aware of this complete disregard of a player safety rules mandate?

Not being an attorney I can merely surmise that a legal firm representing an injured player would have a "field day" with this policy and be able to take you and/or your state association to the cleaners!

If this truley is your state association policy then;
1) I wouldn't be advertising it!
2) I would quickly be looking in to changing it.

You have everything to lose and nothing to gain by the stand you are suggesting!

To compare your stand in this matter to what some states have (correctly) done with PSK (such as Oregon) is foolhardy and a bit askew! There is no "grey area" in Table 3-1. It is perfectly clear with no known conflicts in interpretation in any NFHS publication anywhere!
And yes I did say "correctly" as the NFHS has now seen the light and correctly revised the interpretation of Situation 13.

So I am clear, I am not attempting to find fault here but rather I am attempting to offer good sound advice!
My 2 cents...