View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 05, 2003, 09:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Thanks for citing the Case Book situation, Ed. But you can cite all the rulings you want to. You do what your state association tells you to do. That is the only thing that you MUST do. If you don't beleive me, take a look at some of the PSK threads and digest what some states are doing with that. I don't believe that state associations can rule contrary to the case book or rule book with regard to PSK, but they are.
I can believe what is happening with the PSK especially the double foul which was not truly thought out. In New York we were directed to enforce double foul then two weeks later it changed to enforce as NCAA PSK double foul.

Quote:

BTW, did you have an opportunity to go back and read our discussion on "11th off then back on." I believe you'll find that SITUATION 4 proves that your ruling was incorrect in that scenario.
Sure does. I did present a past play to our interpreter where the 11th man was used to deceive and that was also covered. Now we have to figure was it a mistake or an intentional mistake.

One new question? How can you ever create a player vacancy?