Thread: Gerry Davis
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 03, 2003, 11:05am
Official Forum Member

This series was at Chicago. Kelly is no longer managing the Twins. Gardenhire (the current manager) has been ejected more times in one month that Kelly was his entire career. (This may be an exaggeration, but not by much.)

Davis' crew's performance in the White Sox series was miserable. And, as I said, I remain convinced he personally made a FYC against the Twins. That doesn't mean he is carrying a permanent bias, but in that series, he displayed one. My theory - he was embarassed by his personal performance, his crew's performance, and annoyed that Gardenhire kept chirping about it backed up by a monitor in the dugout.

He is assigned to one of the American League DCS crews(although he is not the crew chief). He called the two games with the Twins in Yankee stadium. He has made a couple of very close/disputed calls at 3rd base (Guzman safe; AJ strike on a "checked swing" while trying to avoid getting hit; one other I can't remember.) Seemed to be doing an excellent job; nailed the calls correctly each time (IMO). So, no discernable bias. He'll also be on the crew for game 5 in Yankee Stadium if it goes that far.