View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 08, 2024, 06:32pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Lack Of Patience ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB View Post
Your process was backwards then. You should always start with the original source. Then you can go to secondary sources if something isn't clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Are there NFHS rules or mechanics that tell the reporting official not to allow the substitutes to enter before the head coach replaces the disqualified player?
Spent two days, with no success, looking through my NFHS rule book and NFHS casebook, and then waiting for citations from Forum members, also with no success.

Got nothing. Bupkis. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Nil. Naught. Goose egg.

Tried artificial intelligence and instantly got an answer that I agreed with (so maybe I was headed in the right direction) but needed confirmation with a citation.

Knowing not to use artificial intelligence as a unilateral citations source, I doubled down on the using the Forum search feature and the Forum archived annual interpretations to come up with a confirmed citation answer.

2020-21 NFHS Basketball Rules Interpretations
SITUATION 10: A1 fouls out of the game. The Team A coach talks to a substitute and within 15 seconds sends the substitute to the table to report in the game. A Team B player then requests a time-out. RULING: Since a time-out may not be granted until a disqualified player is replaced, the administering official should ask the substitute at the table if he/she is the replacement for A1. If so, the time-out may be granted. If not, the substitute shall remain at the table and the coach must still replace A1 within the specified timeframe before the time-out may be granted. (3-3-1, 5-8-3b, 10-6-2)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Oct 09, 2024 at 09:17am.