View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 02, 2024, 05:06pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Dueling Banjoes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... it has been referenced that when a sub is coming into the game for a DQ'd situation, all other subs may come in when they are available at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
I can't provide a citation for holding the pending subs at the table until the required sub has reported ...
We’ve got a 2003-04 NFHS Points of Emphasis that says that if a substitute (from either or both teams) for someone other than the disqualified player reports to the scorer during the wait for the required substitute, they may enter the game.

Conversely, we’ve got a 2020-21 NFHS Basketball Rules Interpretation that says that the substitute shall remain at the table until the disqualified player has been replaced.

Unless someone convinces me otherwise, I’m going with the most recent interpretation, substitutes shall remain at the table until the disqualified player has been replaced.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)