View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 29, 2024, 01:21pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Team Control Foul Signals

Official calls team control foul, let's say an illegal screen.

At spot of foul, signal fist in air, verbally announce color and number, team control foul signal, signal direction and throwin spot (perhaps verbally adding color of team now in possession).

Calling official heads to the reporting area, stops, verbally indicates color, verbally and by two handed signal indicates number, verbally and by signal indicates team control foul (hand behind head), and then indicates spot of throwin (perhaps verbally adding color of team now in possession).

At the spot of the foul (preliminary signals), or in the reporting area, are there any NFHS mechanics that encourage, or discourage, additional clarifying verbiage or signals: block, push, hold, "Illegal screen", etc.?

Does only the verbiage and signal of a team control foul (hand behind head) suffice?

Citations please (please copy and paste, I don't have access to a NFHS mechanics manual).

Same question for IAABO mechanics.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Oct 01, 2024 at 10:15am.