View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 19, 2024, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goodman View Post
Last year at this time in this section traffic was less than it'd been in 2022, and this year the only post here has been a question I asked a month ago that hasn't gotten a response. It looks like other sections still have traffic. Has football gotten that much simpler? Or is it being played less? Or was there a lot of confusion a few years ago that's all been straightened out by now? Or has discussion of administration of football, and only football, gone elsewhere?

It's not like discussion of other fall sports with sections here has increased, either, so it's not like many football games have been dropped in favor of soccer, rugby, cross-country, tennis, golf, or baseball that might call for officiating and hence discussion thereon. I will say that because of a heart rhythm problem I skipped volunteering to coach football this fall.
RefStripes is very active. In addition, there are quite a few Facebook groups for football officials that weren't active before (NFHS Football Officials and Football Officials - NFHS and Other Levels are two groups that I am a member of). Some of the football audience that was here is most likely on the other resources out there.