View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 29, 2024, 06:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
That depends on which side you are talking about. NCAAM, you might have a point there. It was a big thing for a few years, but once the men got rid of the warning and immediately went to a Class B technical foul, there weren't as many called. Maybe that could also be because players and coaches have adjusted to the existence of an actual flopping rule.

In NCAAW games, I have called flop warnings and have seen other officials call them. I had a technical foul for it (2nd offense) once in a scrimmage. Usually, teams will get the message the 1st time their player gets called for it.
The rule came from Men's basketball. It was there before any other level in the United States and the procedures that were adopted. The Women's adopted it just last year. And Men's NCAA had it for some years and backed off the warning part. I think the NF adopted that part because it would be harder to see it called if you only called a T for the first offense.

And I am going to say this again, the Men's side is kind of going away from this being called. They want us to do all kinds of things to avoid calling a bunch of these, especially with the "head bob." And the NCAA made it clear they do not want us calling two violations. Pick one and if you can call a block on a block-charge play, do that.

Peace