View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 12, 2024, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for all the help so far.

Question 4:

A substitute for Team S enters the substitution zone, and the second referee whistles to acknowledge a substitution request. The second referee then notices that the substitute has a tongue piercing. The second referee denies the substitution request and indicates to the first referee that Team S should be sanctioned with a delay. Is the second referee's action correct or incorrect?

I said "incorrect" -- studs (an assumption on the tongue piercing) are allowed above the chin (also an assumption). The school has "correct." Wrong assumptions, or am I misunderstanding the rule?

Edit:

The next test I took had this question:

After a substitute for Team S enters the substitution zone, the second referee notices that the substitute has a piercing post in her tongue. The second referee denies the substitution request and signals the first referee to assess a delay warning to Team S. No other team sanctions have been assessed to Team S in this set. Is the second referee's decision correct or incorrect?

Here, the answer is "Incorrect" with a note that "A piercing post or stud worn above the chin is permitted. " So, unless I am mis-reading (entirely possible), the first question seems to be wrong.

Last edited by bob jenkins; Mon Aug 12, 2024 at 03:56pm.