View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 12, 2024, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to FMadera Send a message via AIM to FMadera Send a message via Yahoo to FMadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Starting my 2024 review (well, I had started, but was using the 2023 RefSchool software; now using the updated version). Expect multiple questions.

Here's the first:

S-12 was replaced by exceptional substitution early in the first set. Later in the first set, S-12 has recovered and enters the substitution zone to return to play. The second referee should deny the substitution request and ask the first referee to assess a delay sanction since a player replaced by exceptional substitution may not return to play in that set. Correct or incorrect?

I had INCORRECT -- it's an improper request per 6.2.2.7. The software indicates the referee was CORRECT (delay sanction) with a reference of Rule 11.3.6.1.3 -- which only indicates that the injured player may not retrund and doesn't seem to specify the penalty.
It kind of implies the second referee acknowledges the request, though it would help if it stated that. If an illegal substitution is acknowledged, a delay sanction is appropriate.
PAVO National Referee / Certified Line Judge/Scorer
WIAA/IHSA Volleyball Referee