View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 12, 2024, 11:01am
Esteemed Forum Member

Timing Is Everything ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
For as long as I can remember, subvarsity fees were 65% of a varsity fee. CIAC has now increased subvarsity fees to 70% of a varsity fee to improve recruitment and retention of basketball officials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I will never understand this position. Why do you need retired officials to do the shot clock? Do they hire retired officials to run the scoreboard?
I just returned to this thread to research the increase in Connecticut subvarsity game fees in my newly appointed position as my local board's Ad Hoc Historian.

I don't have an answer for JRutledge but we do have a "professional" timing organization, Timing Is Everything, which supplies game clock, shot clock and scoreboard operators at many different collegiate sporting events, like football, soccer, lacrosse and basketball as well as to most CIAC state high school championships.

Timing Is Everything recruits retired officials, and some (not many) local high schools use their services for regular season shot clocks.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Jul 13, 2024 at 11:15am.