Thread: USA pool play
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 05, 2024, 07:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil4 View Post
Referring to:
" Between innings at the backstop, the plate umpire informed me that there had been an ejection. ... skip ...

Once the game concluded with the ejected player's team having won the game, the PU turned over her lineup card. The team had batted all 10 players present. The ejected player's name was crossed out on the lineup card. No out was taken when the missing player's turn at bat came up.
... skip ...

As we researched the situation of the ejected player, I maintained that the game should have resulted in a forfeit. Some were of the opinion that it didn't matter since the team had not dropped below 8 players.
"
---------------------------------------

Of course it was a forfeit if they had no sub for the ejected player.
Why did the inning continue until "between innings"?
There is never an out taken for an ejection, either a sub or a forfeit.

The head count only matters for non-ejection removals.
The PU was not familiar with the pool play penalty for ejection. And further thought after discussions with some other folks that an out SHOULD have been taken in that spot which was also incorrect.

So we live and we learn.

This week's tournament removed the suspension for ejection and add a statement that an ejected player in pool play on a team batting everyone would be an out.

I'm OK with that if that's how the tournament director/sponsor wants to play it. At least it's addressed. The one last week with the team with the ejection winning the game didn't feel right.