View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 11, 2024, 06:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
"Flopping" used in the announcement

I agree that in your example that might not be fully listed, but it appears they are using the word to describe the types of action in their announcement. We do not have the rulebooks yet and see if they use it as apart of the rule. But even if they don't, they are clearly addressing this situation. It was not about the wording for me, it was the fact they gave examples that are bigger than a block-charge play which people only seemed to focus on. And then they were so adamant they would T up a player for doing that, but never considered things like falling on shots or "head bob" actions that are also considered flops at other levels before this new rule change.

Peace
I have not had a head bob happen in my games yet, but I have had the shooter falling down, players falling to exaggerate contact, and players sitting down on block/charge plays. In women's college games, play is stopped "at the next stoppage of the game clock" to report the warning (4-14.2). The technical foul for a second or subsequent offense is called as usual for any other technical foul.

NFHS can follow the women's college protocol, or they might choose to follow the old men's protocol of stopping the game immediately after the play the flop happened on ends. We will have to wait until the new rulebook is officially published to find out.