View Single Post
Old Tue May 14, 2024, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to FMadera Send a message via AIM to FMadera Send a message via Yahoo to FMadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
Ok, I get that. (Like we no longer give "leading fours") But this was so bang-bang, and I wasn't sure if the ball had completely crossed because I'm watching the top of the net, not the ball. So it felt like I should give my R1 information so he could make a decision on the position of the ball. But I bow to the wisdom of the group.

In this play, then, I simply handle my own net responsibility and blow the whistle. If the R1 judges that the ball had completely crossed the plane of the net prior to the net contact, he can tap his chest or something to indicate that he's going with his call prior to my net? Is that how you'd handle it as R1?
I've had this happen. I've sold the fault that happened first, and explained to the captain that while Y happened, X happened first, and the first fault is penalized (since they weren't simultaneous).

If CRS is in use, they can certainly challenge if it's in the list of allowable categories. If CRS isn't used, then you have an explanation that (barring other weirdness) would survive a protest.
PAVO National Referee / Certified Line Judge/Scorer
WIAA/IHSA Volleyball Referee