View Single Post
Old Sun May 05, 2024, 09:02pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
So if B1 flops in the first period, Team B gets a warning.

If B1 flops again in the second period, he gets a player technical foul, whereas if the second flop by a Team B player had been by B2 instead, if would be a team technical foul on Team B?

In a different game, if defender B1 illegally breaks the boundary plane in the first period, we warn Team B for delay.

If B1 again illegally breaks the boundary plane in the second period, don't we only charge Teams B with team technical foul for delay, and not charge B1 with a player technical foul?

A video from A Better Official covering technical fouls presented a scenario where the same player keeps violating the throw-in plane over and over as a potential basis for assessing a player T under 10-4-5-d versus the usual team technical foul for delay.

https://youtu.be/bcqIOUB1Xw0?feature=shared&t=823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Two free throws and loss of possession are significant enough that a coach will get his TEAM to stop. I really don't think any coach is going to leave a player in the game who's repeatedly costing his team 2 free throws and possession.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I suppose we will see how well the rule change addresses flopping in the upcoming season. If it works as intended, great. If not, I won't be surprised if there are tweaks proposed for 2025-26.

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball