Thread: Table Help
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 07, 2024, 09:50am
Esteemed Forum Member

Not Recognized By The Officials ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Man View Post
2-13-1: If table officials agree that time expired before the ball was in flight, the goal must not count. 2-13-3: If table officials disagree, the goal must count and/or the foul must be penalized, unless the referee has knowledge which alters such ruling. Those are used if the horn or LED fails to sound or illuminate
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
But can this rule be expanded by the referee to cover bob's situation? 2-3: The referee must make decisions on any points not specifically covered in the rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
The rules say that when in doubt, the shot counts.
ilyazhito: At first I was going to slightly disagree with you based on Valley Man's post, and suggest that we could use 2-3 (referee decisions) to expand the 2-13 rules for our benefit, but now that I've read 2-13 in its entirety, I now agree with you based on "or is not recognized by the officials".

2-13: If the red/LED light fails to illuminate and the timer’s signal fails to sound, or is not recognized by the officials, the timer must go onto the court or use other means to immediately notify the nearest official. If in the meantime, a goal has been made or a foul has occurred, the referee must consult the timer:
ART. 1 If table officials agree that time expired before the ball was in flight, the goal must not count.
ART. 3 If table officials disagree, the goal must count and/or the foul must be penalized, unless the referee has knowledge which alters such ruling.

Perhaps a "dash" of 2-3 is needed, but 2-13 may be able to stand on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Final decision is left up to the referee, and if he can't decide based on knowledge which alters such a ruling, the goal counts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
The rules say that when in doubt, the shot counts.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jan 07, 2024 at 10:21am.