Thread: Table Help
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 05, 2024, 01:42pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Fair Decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Last second shot. U1 thinks the ball was released in time. U2 thinks it wasn't. R wasn't watching. Try is taken exactly from the lane-line extended (so on the border of C and T coverage). Is it ever appropriate to use the table to get their input before R needs to decide?
I would certainly have no problem asking the timekeeper and two scorekeepers to join the team of three officials to come up with a fair decision.

Final decision is left up to the referee, and if he can't decide based on knowledge which alters such a ruling, the goal counts.

2-5-3: The referee must: Decide whether a goal must count if the officials disagree.

2-13-1: If table officials agree that time expired before the ball was in flight, the goal must not count.

2-13-3: If table officials disagree, the goal must count and/or the foul must be penalized, unless the referee has knowledge which alters such ruling.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)