View Single Post
Old Fri May 19, 2023, 09:15am
Esteemed Forum Member

Convoluted ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Sounds like too many hands in the pot. We have basically one voice which is refreshing.
Yeah, I see your point, definitely a lot of irons in the fire, seems convoluted, but it really isn't.

The three levels of IAABO (international, state, local) are always 100% on the same page with two (spring and fall) international meetings annually that are well attended by state and local interpreters (usually paid for with our local annual dues).

IAABO International is "in bed" with the NFHS, having a permanent seat the annual NFHS rules committee meeting.

Our state association (CIAC) is a "kissing cousin" of the NFHS.

Our state association depends greatly on state and local IAABO interpreters for all of it's rule and interpretation advice (our state association has an officials only branch), seldom getting into any rule and interpretation debate, leaving that stuff to the "pros" (we're whatcha call rule experts).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri May 19, 2023 at 12:28pm.