View Single Post
Old Wed May 17, 2023, 10:12am
Esteemed Forum Member

Non Enforcement ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... in Illinois, we were told to not enforce uniform rules for specific violations of the rule like logos or size of side panels. They want them to play and look in a similar color.
Hopefully the (Connecticut) CIAC will do the same regarding this new shorts rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Yeah, I get it, rules that restrict equipment colors benefit officials by allowing them to easily identify players on each team during fast paced action. But we have several teams in our local area where junior varsity shorts are different colors than varsity shorts (a kind of rite of passage). Coaches will often reward junior varsity players by inviting some of them (with their "wrong" color shorts) to sit on the varsity bench. Pretty sure that our CIAC will have to make some exceptions until everybody goes through a new uniform cycle (or maybe beyond).
Bottom line for me, I will do what my local interpreter, and assignment commissioner, want me to do.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed May 17, 2023 at 12:21pm.