View Single Post
Old Tue May 16, 2023, 01:46pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Color Purple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
This is a great change, because there were schools that had colors like orange or yellow or purple and they had a hard time matching the color with multiple players. Why not just allow black to be worn as black is one of the easiest colors to find.
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Regarding the change allowing visitor black, while I always prefer "Fashion Police" issues to change from complex to simpler, I don't mind this change because most of our local officials already allowed black for purple and for dark blue. Ever try to go down to your local Walmart and buy a purple T-shirt?
I figured that this was the "purple rule". I had forgotten about orange (that many of us refer to as "red"), or yellow.

Back in my middle school teaching days, I was in charge of basketball intramurals.

Players had to wear T-shirts (not provided by the school) that matched the color (T-shirts could have images, logos, lettering, etc.) of team that they were assigned to.

Sometimes we had as many as eight teams.

Some T-shirt colors were a lot easier to find than other T-shirt colors.

White, red, green, gray, black, and blue were usually easy.

Orange, yellow, and purple were often not so easy.

Sometimes we would have a dark blue team and light blue team (light blue was often easier to find than purple, yellow, or orange).

Sometimes, if low numbers allowed, we would allow players on one team to wear either yellow or orange, close enough, same part of the spectrum.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri May 19, 2023 at 09:54am.