View Single Post
Old Tue May 16, 2023, 11:04am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Well in NCAA-M (not sure about W) if a timeout is called during a live ball in the frontcourt you go to the nearest of the four spots. If it's called during a dead ball you stay at the spot where the ball would have been put in play absent the timeout (so if it went out of bounds in the corner, the throw-in will be there regardless of the timeout).

This is what I'm saying NFHS will need to clarify.
They need to clarify the out of bounds situation, but I guess that will come when they change the wording of this rule and other rules as to what to do.

Quote:
When the ball is in team control in the offensive team’s frontcourt and the defensive team commits a violation, a common foul prior to the bonus, or the ball becomes dead, the corresponding throw-in by the offensive team will be at one of four designated spots determined by where the infraction took place.
I am going to assume that when a timeout takes place, that highlighted point would be a part of the application stated. And again, only applying to the FC. We would do the very same we did before in the BC. And that means the ball is not advanced to a spot either.

Peace