View Single Post
Old Fri May 05, 2023, 12:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

NCAA Purposed changes (2023-2024)

Men's Purposed Changes Listed

Changes to the block-charge timing were the big one. But to me just moved the can down the road because you still have to decide if the line is met at a certain point. Makes the play IMO harder.

The other changes I am not totally in love with like like all numbers being used from 0-99.

I do not see what they mean by if the ball hits the rim the offense gets a new 20 if they retain the ball. Is that not already the case?

Not sure I am in love with nonstudent people being said to be peacemakers. That could be confusing if it is not a coach, but again I guess we never know who is an actual coach or trainer sometimes.

The timeout situation never was much of an issue. Never felt they should have changed that in the first place.

The Flagrant foul thing is not really much of an issue IMO. I think I have called at most 2 on a player (even in a high school game) on the same player. And if it they do something and puts them on notice, the next one is easier to call. But OK, if they feel they need this change.

But all of this is in a rules change year. So they had to do something.

Peace