View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 07, 2023, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
BOTH teams in my match tonight wanted to have a player change numbers to move from a regular jersey to a libero jersey or vice versa.

Each player was listed on the roster with only one number. (The home team listed its player on the roster with the Libero jersey number. The visiting team player was listed with his regular jersey number.)

We didn't allow either player to change numbers. Can the player be listed with 2 numbers on the roster and allowed to play with either number?
My understanding is yes, a player can be listed with more than 1 number on the roster when the Libero jersey is a different number than the "regular" number.

7-1-1c Any teammate may be designated as the libero and may ber listed on the roster with 2 numbers.

My understanding is the numbers can not duplicate any other team member, and you may not have two liberos sharing the same number.

In my opinion, denying the number change was incorrect. What should have happened was (assuming after the 10 minute deadline), the players numbers would be allowed to be changed, and the appropriate penalty would be applied (loss of rally/point).

Last edited by chapmaja; Fri Apr 07, 2023 at 11:03pm.