View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 05, 2023, 07:14am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
LSU was the better team. Unfortunately, the officiating of this game did make a difference in the game. We don't know how LSU would have fared if they hand't picked up foul trouble in the first half. I do feel the calls on Clark did influence her game. Watching the semi-final, she seemed dangerous on dribble penetration and then either scoring or dishing the ball to open teammates. This aspect of her game seemed largely taken away by the two foul calls early.

The call I had the biggest problem with was the T on Clark. Yes, by the strict definition of the rule, this was the correct call. I don't think this was the intent of the rule, nor the spirit of the rule. In my opinion the spirit of the rule and intent is to prevent the game from being delayed (thus the DOG warning issued first). You can't tell me the game was delayed because of Clark's actions that got her the T.
It's not about the delay, it's about the act of making somebody fetch the ball when you could handed it to an official, or just simply left the ball alone. Instead she CHOSE to grab the ball and purposely toss it towards the stands and away from the official. It's rolled up into the DOG rule to allow for a warning instead of immediately going to a Tech.

Last edited by Raymond; Sat Apr 08, 2023 at 08:02am.