View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 30, 2023, 11:07am
Esteemed Forum Member

Cost Of Living ...

Makes me glad that sports officials in Connecticut long ago agreed to accept yearly increases based on the average pay increase of all teachers in the state.

No more annual negotiations behind closed doors in smoke filled back rooms.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the idea (if I'm reading SCalScoreKeeper's post correctly) that all varsity officials in Delaware get the same fee, no matter what the sport.

Here in Connecticut I believe that ice hockey officials are paid the most, by far. Ice hockey officials require skill (skating), equipment (skates, helmets), and rules expertise that are far and above most other sports, and seem to deserve the most pay.

Of course baseball and softball also require a lot of "behind the plate" equipment.

I don't know what they are (maybe swimming or track), but I'm sure that there are sports that require less skill, physical prowess, expertise, and time commitment than ice hockey, football, or basketball.

Do those volleyball guys really get a physical workout climbing up and down those ladders?

Shouldn't supply and demand come into play?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Mar 30, 2023 at 05:39pm.