View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 09, 2023, 02:20pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Tomahawk Chop ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoochy View Post
It is the lack of the chop to start the clock. They just drop the arm
If the elbow drops 90 degrees, bends, and then unbends to drop the forearm, that has to be considered some type of chop.

Even if they don't bend the elbow and somehow allow gravity to rotate the entire straight arm down 180 degrees from the shoulder, that has to be considered some type of chop.

Right?

How can one's hand go from fully up in the air to down near one's hip without something that looks like some type of a chop?

As the trail, after a final free throw, it the ball misses and is rebounded, I swiftly drop my arm down, bending it at my elbow, and then swiftly, and with emphasis, unbend my elbow, a "fast chop".

As the trail, after a final free throw, it the ball goes in I just slowly drop my arm straight down, bending it at my elbow, but then have to slowly, with no emphasis, unbend my elbow, which is kind of a "slow chop".

Is that what you're talking about, not the actual movement itself, but the speed and emphasis of the movement?

Note: Back in ancient times, on a made free throw, we had to drop our arm and make a "one point" signal. Nevermore.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Mar 09, 2023 at 02:39pm.