Thread: Violation?
View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 25, 2023, 12:42pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Three Points ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
A1 receives a pass from a teammate while both are in in A1's backcourt. A1 catches the ball then throws the ball across the plane of the division line with backspin such the ball hits the floor in the frontcourt, and bounces back toward A1, who catches the ball while A1 is still in his backcourt. I've got backcourt? Am I wrong? The four elements for having a backcourt violation are: there must be team control (and initial player control when coming from a throwin); the ball must have achieved frontcourt status; the team in team control must be the last to touch the ball before it goes into the backcourt; that same team must be the first to touch after the ball has been in the backcourt.
Wait a minute?

Unlike a fumble, is this considered a dribble, and as such does the "three points" (two feet and the ball) rule apply, thus no backcourt?

What if it was was a real un-intentional fumble (muff) after catching a pass, where the start of a dribble would normally be perfectly legal?

Would that also be considered a "dribble" (knowing that another (real) dribble would be legal?), and as such does the "three points" (two feet and the ball) rule apply, thus no backcourt?

I understand that a fumble after one ends one's dribble would be backcourt because the "three points" (two feet and the ball) rule would not apply.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Feb 25, 2023 at 12:54pm.