View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 05, 2023, 04:33pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Regarding Fans ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Racial or equivalently unacceptable remarks directed at players. That's the conversation.
I decided to take it in a more general direction, responsibilities of officials and site directors regarding fans, to react to the parent in the video who questioned why game officials (I think he was talking about game officials, not school officials) reacted to fans yelling at the game officials while not reacting to fans yelling at players.

As for me, I'm not sure that I would be cognizant enough to differentiate between monkey yells that are racial in nature and those that may be "garden variety" distracting. 99% of my attention is on the players, bench, table, scoreboard, and partner, only 1% is on the crowd. I honestly doubt that I would realize that the monkey yells were only directed at the Black player (unless pointed out to me). Yes, for good or bad, I'm that focused on the players, not the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
We're not talking about booing or "you stink".
I was (opening it up to all types fan yelling, good, bad, and ugly). Sorry if I confused anybody.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 05, 2023 at 06:42pm.