View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 13, 2023, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
But if you have a foul and time was on the clock, why not put time on the clock?
He never said time was on the clock. For all we know, the foul was on an airborne shooter after time expired but where the ball was released in time. [emoji3]

Generally speaking, if we have definite information, sure we can put some time back on. But if the ball was released in the last 0.2s or so and I couldn’t turn my focus to the clock in time to observe something >0, let’s remember that 5-6-2 applies in NFHS games. We all know the expectation is different in college. That doesn’t necessarily mean we should transplant college practices into HS games. That would be like calling BI for a backboard slap in HS (another bad habit that college officials bring into HS games).

BTW, my experience with backboard lights is that usually the red light turns off on its own after a few seconds (although maybe that’s only when the switch remains in the “time-in” position?). But yeah, not always. I agree that I’d do whatever necessary to get rid of the lights distraction for the FT shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk