View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 27, 2022, 04:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Mandatory In-Person Meeting ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Man View Post
The Virginia High School League has decided to re-instate the in person mandatory Rules Clinic. Officials must attend or they cannot work.
Same thing here in Connecticut. To be eligible to receive game assignments for the upcoming season, one must attend an in-person "new rules" meeting. Last two seasons (COVID) were Zoom meetings.

Good news is that we have six Connecticut meetings to choose from, on five different dates. As we approach these mandatory meeting dates, we will probably be offered to attend meetings just over the state borders in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, as we have in the past. And, of course, Connecticut is a small state, so no long drives.

And game assignment penalties for missing this mandatory "new rules" meeting are taken quite seriously here in my little corner of Connecticut. Had a buddy miss the mandatory "new rules" meeting because it slipped his mind. Just dumb forgot. By the time he figured it out, all the "new rules" meetings dates throughout Connecticut and nearby states had passed. Too late to attend. After paying his dues for the year, he was assigned zero games. Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I wish they would go back to the in-person meetings honestly. It was nice to ask questions and hear a person respond.
Agree, but keep in mind that I live in a very small state with lots of available meetings to fulfill my mandatory requirement. I'm also retired from my day job and have few (empty nest) family responsibilities at home. Plus, I'm really getting sick of Zoom meetings. Zoom Christmas, Zoom Thanksgiving, and Zoom birthdays, were horrible, as was Zoom church.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Sep 28, 2022 at 09:11am.