View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 26, 2022, 03:45pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Tar Heel State, First In Flight ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
We have plenty of folks in my area and along the NC/Virginia border who belong to HS associations in both states. Most of the HS associations in VA are IAABO certified. I don't know about NC.
North Carolina appears not to be an IAABO state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
There are local IAABO boards in Colorado, Connecticut, New York, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, Virginia, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Arizona, Delaware, Alaska, California, Georgia, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Washington, District of Columbia, British Columbia, Ontario, Guam, Japan, and Korea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I'm sure there are some commissioners who threaten/strong-arm/intimidate members not to do such.
Agree.

We had a recent battle between two local Connecticut IAABO assignment commissioners over an official who worked games in two local IAABO boards without going through any official dual member process (paperwork, dues).

With the official shortage we have here in Connecticut, assignment commissioners don't seem to have the "power" they used to have just a few years ago.

Oh, they still have power, they're just missing a few teeth.

Years ago assignment commissioners could "piss off" anybody they wanted to, there was always a long line of officials ready to step in and be assigned more games.

Now, if an assignment commissioner "pisses off" just a few guys, who decide to block out extra days on Arbiter (or worse, quit) it will be very difficult to fill black shoes and cover all games.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Sep 28, 2022 at 03:17pm.