View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 23, 2022, 10:26am
Esteemed Forum Member

Thursday Night Lights ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
Getting back into officiating after almost a 10 year hiatus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
On my local board, after a ten year absence, such an official would be strongly encouraged to take the rule classes and mechanics classes and be required to take the written test and the floor test like a rookie official.
It was just announced today that our local board is down to 233 members compared to 271 last year. Before COVID we were up around 320 members, reaching our maximum numbers during the Great Recession between 2007 and 2009.

Not coincidentally, the board just came out with a new Former Member Reinstatement Policy having the rationale to provide guidelines for former certified members to return as a member without having to retake the rules class/exam and floor class/test.

Desperate times, desperate measures.

It's so bad with Connecticut football officials that varsity games are being played on both Friday nights and Thursday nights to insure the availability of enough officials for the games.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Sep 23, 2022 at 02:46pm.