View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 17, 2022, 02:57pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Memorable Game ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Since I started officiating in 1971, millions and millions of H.S. basketball games have been played. How many have been full on slow down games? I would bet dollars to donuts that the percentage would be barely above 0%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Agree with Mark on why we have shot clocks at higher levels but don't need them in high school.
Over forty years for me. Only once observed a "from the get go" slow down game, a varsity game after my junior varsity game. Completely over matched small school against a big city school. Small school did lose, but gave itself a chance with a final score that ended up in the teens. Everybody in the stands was on the edge of their seats for the entire game.

Small school coach's son coached a state championship team last year. His dad passed many years ago. I spoke to the son at our referee banquet last year. He remembers that game, his older brother played in that game, and it was one of their best memories of their father coaching.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)