View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 08, 2022, 10:18am
Esteemed Forum Member

Over-Dramatic And Exaggerated ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Ref View Post
... you've got to walk a long ways--ahhh those "unintended consequences" strike again!.
Yeah. I admit it. I was being over-dramatic and exaggerated the situation. But still, what's wrong with a simple, "Young lady. You can't play wearing two wristbands on each arm".

So let's say an official notices an illegal headband while observing the pregame layup line, takes the long walk over to the head coach and explains the problem, takes a long walk back to his pregame spot, and only then notices an earring (earrings under long hair can be partially hidden)? Another long walk?

Yes. There have been few times where the player doesn't "get it", the player walks over to the head coach to check, and sometimes the head coach walks across the court to talk to the official. While 98% of these rare discussions are easily settled, a rare few can go sideways ("Nobody said anything Tuesday night"), and are not a good way to start the game before the ball has been tossed.

If I need a head coach to help me out, I'll ask, but why do I have to get the head coach involved every single time?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Sep 08, 2022 at 12:44pm.