View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 25, 2022, 03:09pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Philosophies Of Teaching ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
My job now is to train. I use realistic and/or actual situations to reinforce fundamentals and I don't allow trainees or conversations with trainees to go down rabbit holes.
For the sake of simplicity and time management, I can agree with Raymond. Some learners can be distracted, or even confused, by "odd" examples. Other could benefit. There are different philosophies of teaching, some teachers are more comfortable, and thus, possibly more successful with some philosophies rather than others. Teachers must know their audience (learners), be comfortable in their own style, and at the same time be willing to adjust one's style (philosophy) when necessary (students failing to learn).

I would never start out with the "hit in the head" example, but if learners were having difficulty with more "common" realistic or actual two point or three point play situations (alley-oop), I might bring it up for discussion.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)