Thread: Beads ...
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 05, 2022, 01:28pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Keep It Simple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
... the Rules are just getting more and more murkier every year.
Just the opposite of what the NFHS should be doing regarding equipment rules. These rules need to be simplified.

Removing the phrase "school color" from the rulebook, and grouping compression shorts with other types of equipment, was a good start, but more needs to be done.

If equipment rules are easily understood by officials, coaches, players, and parents, these rules would be a lot easier to consistently enforce, and we can get back to playing basketball.

I don't want high school and middle school games to look like a "wild west" fourth grade recreation league practice in half of a local elementary school gym, or like a "clown college" graduation.

I see the value of uniformity (as well as dignity and pride) in a team's equipment, allowing officials to easily identify players on each team during fast paced action, as well as safety rules regarding such.

But we need simplified equipment rules, simplified so as to be easily understood by all stake holders in the game, simplified to be consistently enforced by all officials.

Basketball fashion (shoes with flashing lights, undershirts, headbands, prewrap headbands, wrist bands, arm sleeves, compression shorts, long shorts, Ninja style knotted headbands, tights, beads, etc.) changes all the time, always has, and always will continue to change.

The NFHS needs to react to such and adjust, but must do so in a simplified manner.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Aug 05, 2022 at 06:40pm.