Thread: Beads ...
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 03, 2022, 12:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
As much as I hate to say it, you guys must be working with much better colleagues than I am.

Even back when I was a full time varsity official, equipment issues were often a problem.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard, "But the referee on Tuesday night didn't say anything about ...", I could afford to buy that retirement villa in Tuscany I've been eyeing.

In my middle school games, it's much worse, I seldom have a game with no equipment issues.
Well this is a new rule, we have not even made it to the meetings yet or with the literature. Not worried about something that is not even addressed. And certainly do not care what is happening in a middle school game for sure. When high school starts and the process to take the exams and get approved to work games for the year, then I will worry about it then. We have a few months for this to work itself out anyway. Football season is starting and we just got some clarification on a couple of rules that were announced before basketball rules changes. Maybe, wait until we get closer and there is more communication on this. The NF PowerPoint is not out yet for basketball and a lot of information is likely to come out. But again this was addressed in Referee Magazine and pictures were used to show what was legal and illegal and it was not the pictures you used. Be patient and at this point, who cares what we are doing until it is fully addressed?

Peace