View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 14, 2022, 12:12pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Paperwork ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
... I assume now that everyone has figured out my position in the Play being discussed in this Thread: Throw-in Violation by A1. Team B is awarded a Designated Spot Throw-in at the Spot of Team A's Throw-in with the Game Clock set at 0:02.0 ...
Just be prepared to send Team A head coach to a cold bus in the parking lot, or to a smelly locker room.

"But my players stopped moving on our inbound play when the horn sounded, that why he threw it out of bounds, one of my guys was supposed to move to that spot off a screen".

And, of course, there's all that paperwork for the state.

I'm usually all for doing things by the book, it's normally the "safest" thing to do in an "odd" situation, and the easiest to support (in regard to coaches, athletic directors, assigners, and interrupters) but sometimes one has to just "officiate the game", even if it means "bending" a rule for the "good of the game".

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. and I probably have common ground in that we both believe that the erroneous horn does not "automatically kill" the play. However I contend that an official's decision to "kill" the play can occur, even if a whistle is sounded late.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Jul 14, 2022 at 12:20pm.