View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 24, 2022, 01:04pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Advantage/Disadvantage ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If the contact (illegal) cause the player to fall, lose the ball, make a bad pass, go out of bounds or make a shot harder, blow the damn whistle.
Quote:
I did not say a damn thing about handchecking as an advantage/disadvantage foul.
The situations you described in an earlier post certainly describe advantage/disadvantage situations (player falls, player loses ball, player makes a bad pass, player goes out of bounds, player had difficulty shooting). Some could have been caused by handchecking. Some may have been caused by other types of fouls (push, block, etc.).

Many posts previous to your post were specifically aimed at ball handlers, possibly with handchecking, thus I thought you were commenting on those posts, not slightly changing the topic to all illegal contact fouls. I thought ... "poorly".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
… refs will still be making excuses for why they allow ballhandlers to get manhandled all over the court ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
… if the dribbler can continue without loss of possession or some other significant disadvantage…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
… so much physicality on the ball handlers, leading to turnovers. Or wonder why a player dribbled into a trap, ignoring that the defender literally pushed the dribbler in that direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
… consistent and rigorous on calling freedom of movement fouls. I call two hands and stayed hands frequently …
Quote:
All you have to do is call one or two and they usually stop. Most of the time I call a handchecking foul …
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Jun 24, 2022 at 06:46pm.