View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 17, 2022, 01:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I, for one, believe that it muddies the water to have two different ten second rules, one for scholastic games with a shot clock, and one for scholastic games with no shot clock, especially for those states that may not have shot clocks across all scholastic levels (high school varsity, junior varsity, freshman, and middle school).

The NFHS should simply change the ten second language to "touch" to align with the existing shot clock language, or change the shot clock language to "possession" to align with the existing ten second language.

I don't care which they choose, just do it to have one universal scholastic ten second rule. Doesn't have to be the same as NCAA, NBA, FIBA, etc. It ain't rocket science.
Almost all my high school games are played with teams and schools in the very same state of each other. So not sure it matters what another state might do if they use a shot clock and the other does not use a shot clock. The shot clock in itself is a complete change, so who cares what the 10 second count is if you are not using the same basic rule. At this point neither of my states are using the shot clock, though that might change. But the shot clock has a clock on the basket or near the court, so there is no reason to be a prisoner of a visible count.

Peace