View Single Post
Old Thu May 05, 2022, 02:28pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Pre-Approval ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
There are many games where players have warmups and T-shirts over their jerseys and we often do not see any such sleeves or undershirts until the game starts. And if you have players that are not in the initial starting line-up, we might not see them until they get onto the floor for the first time, several minutes after the game has started ... I am not for telling players to remove stuff just because of this issue.
Though not stated, I was referring to those uniform, equipment, and apparel infractions that we can actually and easily see.

To JRutledge's point regarding "hidden" infractions, I fully agree with him. Catch them when they finally take off their warmups to start, or when they report to the table to substitute.

No "pre-approval" needed. That would be a serious case of being an overly officious official, and could lead to ridicule at Friday night post game adult beverage meetings at the usual local gin joints.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri May 06, 2022 at 03:57pm.