View Single Post
Old Thu May 05, 2022, 10:23am
Esteemed Forum Member

Worst Case Scenario ...

I'm really pushing the limits here. Won't happen in a billion games, but if it did it would be in mine.

I spot a player with earrings in a three on two half court pregame drill. I make my way over to discuss with the coach, per the point of emphasis, and the coach heads over to discuss with the player. During that ten second interval, an earring get ripped out.

Next game, as I come out onto the court a stranger shows up with a subpoena and says, "BillyMac, you are served. Risk of injury to a minor for allowing a player to continue to warm up while wearing an earring, clearly against the rules and interpretations as written". Coach is also served.

Of course, I can just whip out my 2022-23 NFHS Rulebook (books that my local board will not be giving to us next year as a cost cutting measure) and be ready to show the point of emphasis to the judge.

Of course, this will never happen. Just a fairy tale to scare kids.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu May 05, 2022 at 11:09am.