View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 28, 2022, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I agree with that, but there is a case to be made that Purdue had some control if that is what is ruled. The Purdue player bounces the ball like 3 times before the St. Peters player touches the ball and maybe even takes it away from him. So if that is possession on the save, why not possession on the Purdue taking the ball after the save?
That's what I was getting at above, less eloquently -- can anyone argue that Purdue didn't have possession when #2 dribbled it 3 times before the whistle is heard? So if it were ruled an SPU possession over the endline, then Purdue possession on the dribble, followed by IW prior to SPU gaining control, how do we restart with a 29 second SC and ball for SPU?

The whistle came just as the SPU player stabbed at the ball to knock it loose - he certainly didn't have control, and the Purdue player gave up pursuit based on the whistle...

Ah well, it won't really change the outcome - but I really didn't understand how it could end up where it did. Maybe best to let this dead horse be processed.

Here's a question for those in the know - does NCAA replay allow for broadcast audio to be heard so that the precise timing of the whistle could be determined? Or is it visual video only? Perhaps that's the reason? They assumed that the IW came before it actually did?

Last edited by FlasherZ; Mon Mar 28, 2022 at 01:57pm.