View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 27, 2022, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Why does the UIL do this? I'm surprised that they would actively tell officials to not enforce uniform rules, considering those are an NFHS point of emphasis (and the UIL is an NFHS member).
I've been told that it is supposed to be a showcase of talent and that they do not want to tell a player (or team) that they can't play because it is such a meaningful game. Since ultimately most uniform rules have no impact on who scores the most points they choose not to worry about them. Also, it seems that the State tournament is a UIL event that uses NFHS rules rather than an NFHS sanctioned event.

Additionally, we have our "Texas exceptions" for things like mechanics so I guess there is no reason why we can't have Texas exceptions to some of the rules.

I don't like it because we are told by our association all season that not enforcing these rules could impact our being chosen to work the State games but then they don't enforce it.